Stocks and Bonds
Investing in stocks allows you to own shares of publicly held companies.
- Common shares provide long-term growth potential
- Possible dividends create extra income
- Typically outperforms the rate of inflation over the long term
A bond is a debt in which the authorized issuer owes the holders a debt and, depending on the terms of the bond, is obliged to pay interest and/or repay the principal at a later date, termed maturity. Bonds provide the borrower with external funds to finance long-term investments. Bonds typically have a pre-determined term or maturity date in which the bond is to be redeemed.
NOTE: Market risk, bonds being worth less than the purchase price, is a factor if sold prior to maturity. Guarantees on bonds are based on the claims paying ability of the insurance company, not the FDIC, Federal or state government.
Contact an ICA Representative for more information.
- Investment Centers of America, Inc. (ICA), member FINRA/SIPC and a Registered Investment Advisor, is not affiliated with First Federal Savings Bank and/or First Federal Investment Centers. Securities, advisory services and insurance products offered through ICA and affiliated insurance agencies are *not insured by the FDIC or any other Federal Government agency *not a deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by any bank or their affiliates *subject to risks including the possible loss of principal amount invested.
- Representatives of a Registered Broker-Dealer (“BD”) or Registered Investment Advisor (“IA”) may only conduct business in a state if the representatives and the BD or IA they represent (a) satisfy the qualification requirements of, and are approved to do business by, that state; or (b) are excluded or exempted from that state’s registration requirements.
- Representatives of a BD or IA are deemed to conduct business in a state to the extent that they would provide individualized responses to investor inquiries that involve (a) effecting, or attempting to effect, transactions in securities; or (b) rendering personalized investment advice for compensation.
We are registered to offer securities in the following states: CO, FL, HI, IL, IN, KY, MI, OH & TN